Arrivals pick-up points
There are convenient Express Pick Up areas located in the Short Stay car parks at both terminals. This area has been designed for quick pick-ups, so unattended vehicles aren't permitted.
Please note that this option is charged at our standard Short Stay payment rate.
Please note that all arrivals and departures are temporarily operating from the North Terminal only.
Please note that our postcode accuracy on satellite navigation is variable, so always check the relevant road signs too.
North Terminal pick-up, Postcode RH6 0PJ
- From the direction of London or Brighton, exit the M23 at junction 9 following the signs on the roundabout for Gatwick Airport
- Go straight ahead at the first roundabout (J9a) following signs for the North Terminal
- At the next roundabout take the first exit signposted North Terminal
- Move to the left hand lane and approach the entrance barriers to the short stay car parks which are directly ahead
- The express pick-up areas can be found on Level 4 of Car Park 6
South Terminal pick-up, Postcode RH6 0LL
- From the direction of London or Brighton exit the M23 at junction 9 following signs on the roundabout for Gatwick Airport
- Use the filter lane and turn left at the first roundabout (J9a) following signs to the South Terminal
- Follow signs to the short stay car park
- Move to the right hand lane and approach the entrance barriers to the short stay car parks which are directly ahead
- The express pick-up areas can be found on Level 0 of Car Park 3
Keen to meet a passenger in the arrivals area? Our Short Stay car parks are located just minutes away from the terminal. You can park up, meet your friends or family, and help them transport their luggage back to the car.
If you regularly pick-up passengers from Gatwick Airport and live within the RH, GU, BN or TN postcodes, you can benefit from our Residents Discount Pick Up Scheme. For just £20 a year, you'll be able to park in the Short Stay car park for 20 minutes, up to 250 times a year.
We understand that you'll want to see your loved ones off safely before they fly, which is why you can drop them off at Gatwick for free.
Simply pull into the conveniently located drop-off areas on the forecourts, outside the North and South Terminals, and your passengers can walk straight through to check-in for departure.
To ensure a steady flow of traffic, we kindly ask that you pull out of this area swiftly, as waiting is not permitted.
If you want to spend a little bit more time saying goodbye, then we would recommend parking in our Short Stay car parks instead.
If close proximity to the airport isn’t essential, our free Long Stay pick-up option could be more suitable for you. Simply pull into one of our Long stay car parks in the North or South Terminal, and you can leave your car here for up to two hours free of charge.
You can either:
- Park in a designated bay, marked ‘Free Pick Up’, and wait for your passenger at your vehicle. They will need to board the regular bus service and depart at the appropriate stop ready for you to collect them.
- Or, pull into the Long Stay car park as normal, park your car, and take the free bus into the terminal to meet your passenger as they arrive. You can leave your vehicle here for free for two hours; after this, normal charges will apply.
If you've arrived a little early, or your passenger's flight is delayed, don't worry, there's plenty to do whilst you wait. Both terminals have a Costa within the arrivals area, so you can grab a coffee and take advantage of the airport's free Wi-Fi. If you're hungry then there is an M&S, along with various other eateries, available in each terminal.
Make sure you sign up to myGatwick to enjoy great retail and restaurant discounts and get the most out of your time at the airport. Above all though, don't forget to keep an eye on your passenger's flight with our live flights page.